Elisa is a Neurologist from the University of Catania, Italy and a PhD student in Clinical Neuroscience at King’s College London. Her PhD focuses on the identification of clinically useful remote monitoring technology (RMT)-measured biosignatures that predict and track seizure and disease state changes in epilepsy. This project is part of the RADAR-CNS, a major new research programme which is developing new ways of monitoring major depressive disorders, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis using wearable devices and smartphone technology with the aim to improve patients’ quality of life, and potentially to change how these and other chronic disorders are treated.
Previous Postdoctoral Experience:
Elisa has collaborated in international projects on epilepsy including a Community-based epilepsy treatment program in rural Bolivia under the aegis of the International League Against Epilepsy, Global Campaign Against Epilepsy Project and for the COHEMI project (coordinating resources to asses and improve health status of migrants from Latin America), coordinated by the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan.
- Master of Science Degree in Neuroepidemiology and Tropical Parasitology, University of Limoges
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Neurology (equivalent), University of Catania
- Medical Degree, University of Catania
- Neuroepidemiology, Epidemiology in developing Countries
- Movement Disorders
- Bruno E, Quattrocchi G, Crespo Gómes EB, Sofia V, Padilla S, Camargo M, Zappia M, Bartoloni A, Nicoletti A. Prevalence and Incidence of Epilepsy Associated with Convulsive Seizures in Rural Bolivia. A Global Campaign against Epilepsy Project. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 1;10(10):e0139108.
- Bruno E, Nicoletti A, Quattrocchi G, Filippini G, Zappia M, Colosimo C. Alprazolam for essential tremor. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Dec 6;121.
- Bruno E, Nicoletti A, Messina S, Lo Fermo S, RacitiL, Quattrocchi G, Dibilio V, Paradisi, Maimone D, Patti F, Zappia M. Restless legs syndrome and multiple sclerosis: a population based case-control study in Catania, Sicily. Eur J Neurol. 2015 Jun;22(6):1018-21
- Bruno E, Bartoloni A, Zammarchi L, Strohmeyer M, Bartalesi F, Bustos JA, Santivañez S, García HH, Nicoletti A and the COHEMI Project Study Group. Epilepsy and Neurocysticercosis in Latin America: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013 Oct 31;7(10):e2480.
- Bruno E, Mostile G, Dibilio V, Raciti L, Nicoletti A, Zappia M. Clinical diagnostic tricks for detecting psychogenic gaze paralysis. Eur J Neurol. 2013 Aug;20(8):e107-8.
- Bruno E, Nimaga K, Foba I, Vignoles P, Genton P, Doumbo O, Gérard D, Preux PM, Farnarier G. Results of an action-research on epilepsy in rural Mali. PLoS One. 2012;7(8):e44469.
- Bruno E, Bartoloni A, Sofia V, Rafael F, Magnelli D, Padilla S, Quattrocchi G, Bartalesi F, Segundo H, Zappia M, Preux PM, Nicoletti A. Epilepsy-associated stigma in Bolivia: a community-based study among the Guarani population: an International League Against Epilepsy/International Bureau for Epilepsy/World Health Organization Global Campaign Against Epilepsy Regional Project. Epilepsy Behav. 2012 Sep;25(1):131-6.
- Bruno E, Bartoloni A, Sofia V, Rafael F, Magnelli D, Ortiz E, Padilla S, Quattrocchi G, Bartalesi F, Segundo H, Zappia M, Preux PM, Nicoletti A. Sociocultural dimension of epilepsy: An anthropological study among Guaraní communities in Bolivia—An International League Against Epilepsy/International Bureau for Epilepsy/World Health Organization Global Campaign Against Epilepsy Regional Project. Epilepsy Behav. 2011 Oct;22(2):346-51.
- Bruno E, Quattrocchi G, Nicoletti A, Le Pira F, Maci T, Mostile G, Andreoli V, Quattrone A, Zappia M. Lack of interaction between LRP1 and A2M polymorphisms for the risk of Alzheimer disease. Neurosci Lett. 2010 Sep 27;482(2):112-6